
This Wednesday afternoon, it's Natalie's first dental check up. Both Kin and I went to pick up Natalie from daycare. After we had picked her up, Natalie said she wanted to go home. I decided to disclose the truth to her that we're taking her to the dentist. Well, it was not really news to her, because I actually mentioned about the dentist visit a few times in the past few days. But still, when she heard me, she kept saying that she didn't want to go to the dentist. She kind of expected what's gonna happen, we had read the book about dentist visit to her many times.
On our way to the dentist, I started worrying that Natalie would not be cooperative during the visit since she seemed to be scared.
However, it turned out that she was very good. She was cooperative, she did not cry at all. She listened to the dentist's instructions. The only thing was, the doctor found out that Natalie was missing a canine tooth at the bottom. Hmmm... the dentist said Natalie was too young, she would take an x-ray for her next year to find out if there's a tooth bud inside. O well, we'll just have to wait and see then.
Look at the picture, she opened her mouth wide for her teeth cleaning. Woo hoo! I am so proud of her.
4 comments:
Cool! Did you ended up going to Dr Lee in Foster City?
No. Kin found a female Asian dentist for Natalie. He thinks Natalie like female better :)
Very proud of NatNat on her first dentist visit. I took Alexis to my dentist, but she had chickened it out after 2 minutes sitting in the chair. I am taking her to see another specialty in children's dentist in Nov and see if this will work for her.
Jennifer: yes, it helps to take the child to see specialty in children's dentist. The atmosphere is a lot more children friendly. Good luck.
Post a Comment