Friday, February 27, 2009

宿命

I really started to believe that every time when Kin goes to a business trip, there's something bad bound to happen.

Last time when he went to business trip, I had a cold and I ran out of the cold medicine that I usually take. So, I took Sudafed and I had alergic reaction (had bumps all over me).

This time ...

Last Sunday morning, Kin left to LV. That night, Natalie started having pretty serious cold symptoms (I suspected that she got it from Enzo, cuz he came over for play date in the afternoon). Monday night, she not only had very bad runny nose, but also non-stop coughing while she's sleeping at night. That meant, I almost didn't sleep at all that night. Tuesday afternoon, I got a call from CCLC (the daycare) that Natalie threw up during her nap. They asked me to pick Natalie up within 30 minutes. When I picked her up, I was informed that I had to keep Natalie at home for at least 24 hours (to make sure that she wouldn't throw up anymore) before she could return to daycare with a doctor's note. I had no choice, but told my boss that I had to take Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday off and could not meet the deadline on Wednesday. On our way home, I made a stop at the doctor's office to make an appointment. Natalie started crying and screaming from the minute we got off the car that she didn't want to see the doctor. Although I told her that we probably would not see the doctor now and we only went there to make an appt., but she didn't believe me. With Natalie making a scene there, I made the appt. and we went home. Since she only napped 10 mins. at the daycare, I wanted her to continue the nap at home. After spending 30 minutes on her bed, I knew that she wouldn't nap anymore. I decided to take her to SF to see Chinese doctor. I am going to skip the details here. After Chinese doctor, we went back home. I started boiling medicine and cooking dinner for both of us at the same time. After dinner, I bathed Natalie and then had a big struggle to feed her Chinese medicine. When she went to bed, I really felt that Tuesday was a very long day.

Wednesday ... another very tiring day. Just thinking about it already made me tired . Let's just the details, too.

To conclude, when Kin returned on Wednesday night, I was half dead.

No comments: