Sunday, February 1, 2009

Little things about 美人魚

I forgot since when ... may be about 3 to 4 months ago, when I wrap her in a towel after the bath, she says, "美人魚黎 la". I have never taught her the term "美人魚", I think she learnt it from my nanny.

So, I told her that the English for 美人魚 was mermaid. But every time when I ask her what 美人魚 in English is, she tells me it's octopus. I have been telling her that octopus is 八爪魚. Recently, I have found that she says it wrong on purpose, she just thinks it's funny.

If you have read my previous blog entry, you know that Natalie has been dying to eat ice-cream but we can't let her eat it because she's still coughing. These few days, after her bath, when I dry her with the towel, she tells me:

"美人魚想食 ice-cream 呀."

I always answer, "係咩?! 但係美人魚咳 bor. 唔可以食 ice-cream 呀."



Isn't it funny that she knows "Natalie" cannot eat ice-cream, so she tells me 美人魚 wants to eat ice-cream?

No comments: